Not a member?
or Register

FloodPlain Info

To take out a mortgage on a property that happens to be in a Floodplain, your bank (mandated by Congress) will require you to obtain flood insurance. Flood Insurance is often costly enough to decrease the home loan amount your bank has pre-qualified you for.

Floodplains are typically found near lakes, rivers or other bodies of water, but are also found in low elevation areas relative to the surroundings.

Sellers are required to disclose if their property is located in a Floodplain to buyers

BUYERS BEWARE: There are instances where the Seller may not know their property is in a Floodplain (house paid off by long-time home owner for example). This is why it is important to work with professionals.

FLOODPLAIN MAP BY ADDRESS – Click here to find out if a specific property it is in a Floodplain.

Here is one of the local insurance agents who can accommodate Flood insurance:
Sherry Jasper
The Insurance Center 800-944-1367 ext. 53307

If you believe your property was incorrectly included in a National Flood Insurance Program Рidentified Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), you may submit an application to FEMA for a formal determination of the property’s location and/or elevation relative to the SFHA. For more information, please see the following page: Change a Flood Zone Designation. If you know you would like to request a Letter of Map Change (LOMC) through the Online LOMC application, you may do so through the following portal: Online Letter of Map Change.